Tips for entering workforce successfully
26/03/2018 09:00 to 26/03/2018 17:00 (Singapore)
'My father had one job in his life, I've had six in mine, my kids will have six at the same time'
Robin Chase, transportation entrepreneur, co-founder and former CEO of Zipcar, founder and former CEO of Buzzcar.
In today’s disruptive economy, the job marketplace is no longer one where traditional paradigms of ‘lifelong careers’ are still valid. Tomorrow’s career will be like riding a ATV, where the road taken is hardly smooth. Frequent career transitions will be the new normal – and career skills like job search, resume writing and networking have become necessary survival skills that every member of the workforce must possess.
Be ready to take on the challenges that is coming your way and the best way to handle it, it to be prepared for it.
This is a 1-day workshop bundled with a networking session with employers where you will be able to:
1. Align your personal aspiration to current job market trends
2. Discover job opportunities & hiring companies’ requirements using effective job search techniques
3. Acquire and apply job searching skills/technique:
a. How to craft your resume
b. Basic Networking
c. Basic Grooming
d. How to answer difficult interview questions
Who Should Attend
Young graduate entrants and NSF joining the workforce
· This event is open to Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents only.
· It is important for all individuals to register for the workshop to secure your seat. Due to imposed attendance limit per workshop, walk-in participants (without prior registration) will only be admitted when there are seat vacancies.