Resume Writing and Interviewing Skills
04/07/2018 09:00 to 04/07/2018 17:00 (Singapore)
Regardless of whether one is a new entrant to the workforce, a mid-career transitioner seeking a career switch, or a back-to-work professional returning to the workforce after a career gap, resume writing and job interview skills are crucial to one’s career strategy.
A resume is the centre of every PMET’s recruitment marketing efforts. Just as every candidate is unique, so should his CV be. In that brief 2 pages or so in a typical CV, how does one make it stand out?
After one has written that impactful resume and secured that coveted interview, how does one ensure that he/she makes it past every interview in the recruitment process?
This unique full day workshop enables PMETs to create a compelling narrative of the value they bring. They get to develop their own ‘toolkit’ for describing their own value through cover letters, resumes and job interviews.
In this workshop, participants will learn practical strategies to:
1. Learn the difference between different resume formats and how they work for different career situations
2. Decipher job advertisements
3. Put together a targeted resume
4. Understand different interview styles used by employers
5. Craft your own answer to tough interview questions
6. Put together your own interview toolkit
Who Should Attend
This workshop empowers the Professionals, Managers and Executives
This is a pre-registered event. Strictly no walk-ins allowed.
This workshop is open to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents only.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that when you register for this complimentary workshop from WSG, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
Registration and Information
Workforce Singapore (WSG) promotes the development, competitiveness, inclusiveness, and employability of all levels of the workforce. Its key mission is to enable Singaporeans to meet their career aspirations, take on quality jobs at different stages of life, and help enterprises be competitive and manpower-lean. Workforce Singapore’s focus is on strengthening the Singaporean core and ensuring that Singaporeans are able to have better jobs and careers. Workforce Singapore, in partnership with key stakeholders, also provides support to business owners and companies to enable them to adapt and grow, while building a future-ready workforce.
The workshop is organised by Workforce Singapore to assist Singaporeans and Permanent Residents to enhance their career readiness.
All workshops are fully subsidised by WSG
Registration for all workshops will be on a first-come first-served basis
· As the slots are limited, WSG appreciates your attendance to the workshop once registration is confirmed
· In the event that you are unable to attend, please email email@example.com to inform them at least 5 working days in advance
· WSG reserves the right to censure registrants’ future sign-ups to all workshops organised by WSG for a period of 3 months should registrants fail to produce supporting documents for non-attendance
· Registration for this workshop automatically enrolls you on WSG’s mailing list for future events
· Should you want to unsubscribe, kindly submit your request via http://portal.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/feedback
Sharing of Collected Data
· We may share the Collected Data from you with WSG and with other Government agencies and statutory boards in order to serve you in a most effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation
· Notwithstanding the paragraph above, when you register for our workshop, we will share your Personal Data and/or Additional Personal Data with WSG , and with other Government agencies and statutory boards for purposes related to employment facilitation only