Getting Ready for Career Transition
12/04/2018 09:00 to 12/04/2018 17:00 (Singapore)
'My father had one job in his life, I've had six in mine, my kids will have six at the same time'
The traditional paradigm of ‘lifelong careers’ is no longer valid in today’s disruptive economy, where the only constant is change, either due to industries becoming obsolete, companies downsizing or stopping work to care for sick loved ones, frequent career transitions and career gaps have become the new normal. If you have been away from the workforce for a while or have not changed jobs for years, and are not sure what are the current trends in job search, this basic career preparation workshop is for you.
This is a 1-day workshop where you will:
1. Identify suitable industries, roles and companies to target in your job search
2. Discover job opportunities & identify hirer’s requirements through job search techniques and online portals;
3. Acquire basic resume-writing, networking and job interviewing skills
Who Should Attend
Mature PMET jobseekers who have career gaps, or are trying to change jobs / industries after many years in the same role / industry, who wish to have an overview of basic career skills.
· This event is open to Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents only.
· You are also encouraged to be dressed professionally.
· You are required to bring along your laptop for the hands-on activities during the workshop.