Effective Job Search Strategies
14/03/2018 09:00 to 14/03/2018 17:00 (Singapore)
The traditional paradigm of ‘lifelong careers’ is no longer valid in today’s disruptive economy, where the only constant is change. With frequent career transitions becoming the new normal – job search skills have become survival skills that every member of the workforce must possess. Digitalisation has also moved job search and personal branding to the digital realm – making it necessary for one to engage with potential employers online as well as offline. Learn how to search for jobs using different platforms and what having a personal brand entails.
This is a 1-day workshop where you will:
1. Identify suitable industries, roles and companies to target in your job search (vs what you offer)
2. Learn to research industries and find opportunities to connect with companies
3. Understand how to be searchable through your online presence
Who Should Attend
Unemployed PMET jobseekers who want to widen their job search scope, are new to using technology in job search and are new to having a digital presence
· This event is open to Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents only.
· It is important for all individuals to register for the workshop to secure your seat. Due to imposed attendance limit per workshop, walk-in participants (without prior registration) will only be admitted when there are seat vacancies.
· You are required to bring along your laptop to do the class exercises during the workshop.