Effective Job Search strategies
28/02/2018 09:00 to 28/02/2018 17:00 (Singapore)
The traditional paradigm of ‘lifelong careers’ is no longer valid in today’s disruptive economy, where the only constant is change. With frequent career transitions becoming the new normal – job search skills have become survival skills that every member of the workforce must possess. Digitalisation has also moved job search and personal branding to the digital realm – making it necessary for one to engage with potential employers online as well as offline. Learn how to search for jobs using different platforms and what having a personal brand entails.
This is a 1-day workshop where you will:
1. Identify suitable industries, roles and companies to target in your job search (vs what you offer)
2. Learn to research industries and find opportunities to connect with companies
3. Understand how to be searchable through your online presence
Who Should Attend
Unemployed PMET jobseekers who want to widen their job search scope, are new to using technology in job search and are new to having a digital presence
· This event is open to Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents only.
· You are required to bring along your laptop to do the class exercises during the workshop.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that when you register for this complimentary workshop from WSG, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
Registration and Information
Workforce Singapore (WSG) promotes the development, competitiveness, inclusiveness, and employability of all levels of the workforce. Its key mission is to enable Singaporeans to meet their career aspirations, take on quality jobs at different stages of life, and help enterprises be competitive and manpower-lean. Workforce Singapore’s focus is on strengthening the Singaporean core and ensuring that Singaporeans are able to have better jobs and careers. Workforce Singapore, in partnership with key stakeholders, also provides support to business owners and companies to enable them to adapt and grow, while building a future-ready workforce.
- The workshop is organised by Workforce Singapore to assist Singaporeans and Permanent Residents to enhance their career readiness.
- All workshops are fully subsidised by WSG
- Registration for all workshops will be on a first-come first-served basis
· As the slots are limited, WSG appreciates your attendance to the workshop once registration is confirmed
· In the event that you are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them at least 2 working days in advance
· WSG reserves the right to censure registrants’ future sign-ups to all workshops organised by WSG for a period of 3 months should registrants fail to produce supporting documents for non-attendance
· Registration for this workshop automatically enrolls you on WSG’s mailing list for future events
· Should you want to unsubscribe, kindly submit your request via http://portal.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/feedback
Sharing of Collected Data
· We may share the Collected Data from you with WSG and with other Government agencies and statutory boards in order to serve you in a most effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation
· Notwithstanding the paragraph above, when you register for our workshop, we will share your Personal Data and/or Additional Personal Data with WSG , and with other Government agencies and statutory boards for purposes related to employment facilitation only
Acceptance of terms and conditions:
"I acknowledge that I understand and accept all the terms and conditions. My registration for the workshop indicates my commitment to attend and I endeavour to inform WSG if I am unable to attend the event due to any unforeseen reasons."