Connecting Audience Through Story-Telling (CAST)
11/10/2018 09:00 to 12/10/2018 17:00 (Singapore)
--Lifelong Learning Institute--
Imagine bumping into a former client at the airport. He proceeded to ask what you are doing. You opened your mouth and paused. How do you start? As you tried to organize your thoughts, his flight is called and he's on his way. If you'd been better prepared, you're sure that he'd have stayed long enough to schedule a meeting.
This is one situation where it helps to have an "elevator pitch." This is a short, pre-prepared speech that explains what your do, clearly and succinctly. Nowadays, top companies do not really recruit, they attract top talents to join them. Often their sourcing efforts are very successful, and they are left with too many candidates.
One growing method to decide who join is to ask the candidates to ‘pitch’ for the job.
In this program, you will be coached to build your own pitch with a unique 4Q-H2T (Head to Toe) methodology. With the perfected pitch, you can use it to effectively communicate your USP (Unique Selling Points) in any recruitment scenarios.
This is a 2-day workshop where you will:
Learn the fundamentals of what goes into a Great Pitch by using the Principles of the 4Q-H2T framework
Develop your own “elevator pitch’ and learn how to pitch successfully in any recruiting scenarios
Understand why it is so important that practice makes a perfect pitch
Participate and learn from Pitching Role-play Sessions during the workshop
Who Should Attend
Unemployed jobseekers who want to improve their elevator pitch and meet hiring organisations.
This event is open to Singaporeans/ PRs only.
You are also encouraged to be dressed professionally like you would meet potential employers.
This event is pre-registered only. Strictly no walk-ins.
Terms and Conditions
Registration and Information
Workforce Singapore (WSG) promotes the development, competitiveness, inclusiveness, and employability of all levels of the workforce. Its key mission is to enable Singaporeans to meet their career aspirations, take on quality jobs at different stages of life, and help enterprises be competitive and manpower-lean. Workforce Singapore’s focus is on strengthening the Singaporean core and ensuring that Singaporeans are able to have better jobs and careers. Workforce Singapore, in partnership with key stakeholders, also provides support to business owners and companies to enable them to adapt and grow, while building a future-ready workforce.
The workshop is organised by Workforce
Singapore to assist Singaporeans and Permanent Residents to enhance their
· All workshops are fully subsidised by WSG
· Registration for all workshops will be on a first-come first-served basis
· As the slots are limited, WSG appreciates your attendance to the workshop once registration is confirmed
· In the event that you are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (appointed vendor) to inform them at least 2 working days in advance
· WSG reserves the right to censure registrants’ future sign-ups to all workshops organised by WSG for a period of 3 months should registrants fail to produce supporting documents for non-attendance
· Registration for this workshop automatically enrolls you on WSG’s mailing list for future events
· Should you want to unsubscribe, kindly submit your request via http://portal.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/feedback
Sharing of Collected Data
· We may share the Collected Data from you with WSG and with other Government agencies and statutory boards in order to serve you in a most effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation
· Notwithstanding the paragraph above, when you register for our workshop, we will share your Personal Data and/or Additional Personal Data with WSG , and with other Government agencies and statutory boards for purposes related to employment facilitation only
Acceptance of terms and conditions:
"I acknowledge that I understand and accept all the terms and conditions. My registration for the workshop indicates my commitment to attend and I endeavour to inform WSG if I am unable to attend the event due to any unforeseen reasons."